Welcome to Berjaya TaeKwon-Do
A proud member of the International TaeKwon-Do Federation
We’re going to the worlds! Read more…
Try our 2-month trial membership for only $75.00 + GST/mo
Come in and try out a free class today
To see our class schedule, please click here.
To fill-out a sign-up form, please click here .
Proudly training and teaching Taekwon-Do since 1979.
The word Berjaya actually means to succeed or to be successful.
The word Taekwon-Do is made up of three words; Tae stands for jumping or flying, to kick or smash with the foot; Kwon denotes the fist, to punch or destroy with the fist and Do means an art or way. Taekwon-Do has historical roots in Asia. In Japan, martial artists developed Karate and Judo. In China, Kung-Fu and Wushu began.
TaeKwon-Do – the scientific use of the body in the method of self defense.
Taekwon-Do however, is a Korean style as developed by Founder General Choi Hong Hi in 1955. General Choi also formed the I.T.F (International Taekwon-Do Federation) in 1966.
The popularity of this art increased incredibly because of the kicking ability and flying kicks that it specializes in.
Throughout the year, Berjaya is involved in a number of activities that students are encouraged to participate in. These include a variety of educational seminars and demonstrations as well as tournaments, at provincial, national and international levels; or the prestigious World Kobudo Federations Convention held in a different country every year. We encourage you to participate in any or all of these activities as you progress and gain confidence in your journey to being a Black Belt.
- We believe all students have the potential to be a Black Belt
- We believe in our students helping one another achieve their full potential
- We believe learning never stops
- We believe in developing self-esteem
- We believe in using TaeKwon-Do only in self-defense
- We believe in respect for all higher-ranking belts for the achievement they have reached
- We believe in continuous improvement
- We believe all styles of martial arts have value
- We believe in everyone being treated with dignity and respect
- We believe TaeKwon-Do is a pure art and should remain so
- We believe in open communication
- We believe in personal growth
- We believe in developing a sense of belonging for our students
- We believe in living within the tenets of TaeKwon-Do
- We believe in recognizing excellence
- We believe in providing value for fees paid
- We believe in ethical business practices