Welcome to Berjaya TaeKwon-Do
A proud member of the International TaeKwon-Do Federation
Now accepting Fall registration for all classes, starting Tuesday, September 6, 2016. Register Now!
Also, class times update following Labour Day Weekend, more details here.
Proudly training and teaching Taekwon-Do since 1979.
The word Berjaya actually means to succeed or to be successful.
The word Taekwon-Do is made up of three words; Tae stands for jumping or flying, to kick or smash with the foot; Kwon denotes the fist, to punch or destroy with the fist and Do means an art or way. Taekwon-Do has historical roots in Asia. In Japan, martial artists developed Karate and Judo. In China, Kung-Fu and Wushu began.
TaeKwon-Do – the scientific use of the body in the method of self defence.
Taekwon-Do however, is a Korean style as developed by Founder General Choi Hong Hi in 1955. General Choi also formed the I.T.F (International Taekwon-Do Federation) in 1966.
The popularity of this art increased incredibly because of the kicking ability and flying kicks that it specializes in.
Throughout the year, Berjaya is involved in a number of activities that students are encouraged to participate in. These include a variety of educational seminars and demonstrations as well as tournaments, at provincial, national and international levels; or the prestigious World Kobudo Federations Convention held in a different country every year. We encourage you to participate in any or all of these activities as you progress and gain confidence in your journey to being a Black Belt.
- We believe all students have the potential to be a Black Belt
- We believe in our students helping one another achieve their full potential
- We believe learning never stops
- We believe in developing self-esteem
- We believe in using TaeKwon-Do only in self-defense
- We believe in respect for all higher-ranking belts for the achievement they have reached
- We believe in continuous improvement
- We believe all styles of martial arts have value
- We believe in everyone being treated with dignity and respect
- We believe TaeKwon-Do is a pure art and should remain so
- We believe in open communication
- We believe in personal growth
- We believe in developing a sense of belonging for our students
- We believe in living within the tenets of TaeKwon-Do
- We believe in recognizing excellence
- We believe in providing value for fees paid
- We believe in ethical business practices